14 November 2009

Half Marathon

Today I did something that I thought I would never do.  I ran a half-marathon, thats 13.1 miles.  It was insane but it was a great feeling when I crossed the finish line.  This all started in July.  I needed to lose some weight and get in better shape so we could answer God's call to Eastern Europe.  The first day that I "ran" was awful, i went about 1/4 mile, and then walked.  I knew I had to keep working at it and eventually i was running 1 mile, then three.  I really thought 3 miles a day would be enough, but when we got to ILC I started running with my buddy Doug.  Well things got out of hand and we ran four miles every weekday with long runs on the weekend.   We decided to run an 8K and then one of us, I don't know who, decided we could do the half.  Well we did it and it rocked.  It's a great spiritual marker for me as my diiscipline to God resulted in this accomplishment.  Philippiand 4:13

No comments: