26 July 2011

Searching for Answers PART 2

For the first half of this story click here.

I still don't have all the answers.  I think this life is about continuing to search for the answers, to search  for the ways Christ would have us interact with our world. As I have reflected and prayed about the Roma situation, God has given me the peace to do what I can.  Sometimes I get overwhelmed with the needs I see.  But Christ does not want us overwhelmed, he wants us to join him and let him use us.  The past weeks several opportunities have been presented to us that will allow us to help the Roma and do it within the framework of our company.  In the fall we will be offering some language classes as well as job training for this community.  We hope to give them skills to help them improve their lives. We will be doing this alongside some like minded individuals here in Belgrade.  The great part is our connection to the village is through the Roma church so Jesus will be front and center.
This week I have tried to figure out the balance between being a giver of aid (just providing needs) and being a giver of life (introducing people to Jesus).  I think we can do both, not only can we, but we are commanded to.  After Jesus fed the 5000 he taught them.  We have to use that as our model, and I think that is the answer I (maybe we) are searching for:  Be Jesus (as much as sinners can be) and look to him as our model.  If we do that we will be doing what's good, and whats right

No comments: