18 January 2010

Super Serbs - And God's Amazing Work.

Before we came here we were told by a number of people that the Serbs were very helpful.  Well over the past three days they have gone above and beyond.
First: On Saturday some of our team came to Belgrade and met at our flat.  When we went outside to all go to lunch one of the vans had a flat and we could see a nail in another tire.  Everyone left but myself and one other guy.  We changed the flat but were concerned about the other tire.  Of course I had no idea where to go to fix it.  I called the three Serbs I had numbers for but no one was home.  Just when we felt all was lost here came Nebishu, my neighbor,  I asked if he knew where we could get a tire fixed.  Instead of telling me he said "I'll take you."  We all hopped in the van and soon both tires were patched.  Now that's hospitality
Second:  Jen's been wondering whats going to happen when she rides the bus to the store with the girls and the grocery cart and I'm not there to help.  Well today she found out - the men at the bus stop pick up the slack.  They loaded her groceries on the bus and made sure Mac stayed in the seat when the bus stopped (Serbian bus drivers tend to be heavy on the gas and quick on the brake).  It was a blessing to me to know that Jen will be taken care of - and this was for a complete foreign stranger.
Third:  If you've read my previous post you know how difficult it is getting Kyleigh registered for school.  Go here, go there, go back here, get these documents, now get these etc.  Well today I got all the right documents, got them translated and headed to the Ministry of Education.  When I got there the lady I had to deal with spoke less English then I speak Serbian - thats a problem when dealing in a beuracracy.  So as she's rattling Serbian off to me and I am repeating "Engleski"  two young ladies in line say they speak English and would help.  They spend over 30 minutes sitting with me and filling out more documents that I never could have done.  It was great - I showed them pictures of my family and they live near us and would love to meet the Girls.  Their names are Veshna and Natasha, please pray we can develop a friendship with them and introduce them to the Father. 

These are just a few examples of how people have gone out of their way to help us.  Please pray that these hearts full of love can come to know the love of the Father and he will use us to demonstrate His great Love. 

No comments: