07 October 2010

My Girls

You may be wondering why I would title a blog "My Girls", then put this picture of torn up concrete.  Well this piece of earth is a huge symbol of how my girls have grown up since we got to Serbia.  This little patch of earth is on the way to Miki's school and basically it is concrete with a patch of mud separating them.  When we arrived, Miki was to little to cross the mud, we had to pick her up and lift her across, a few months later we just held her hand and she kind of "jumped", now she just steps across.  When we got to Serbia, K would walk all the way to Miki's school then we would walk her all the way to her school (they're about 200 yards apart), then we just had to walk K across the street (half way), now we get to this spot and she says by and walks on to school meeting friends along the way. 
I know all of you that have had kids have similar memories, but this spot represents more then just my girls growing up, to me its a small symbol of how brave they are.  See when Miki crosses this spot wether with help or on her own she goes to a foreign place where everything is different and everyday she goes with boldness and bravery.  Kyleigh goes from this spot and heads to school where 9 months ago she knew no one, knew not a word of the language and continues to learn and thrive.  To make a long post short, My girls are brave and I am very proud of the young women they are becoming. 

1 comment:

Hepners Blog said...

Brought tears to my eyes! God is so good to give us the assurance in our hearts that our kids are going to be ALRIGHT (and already are!) What a awesome childhood they are having...I am SURE they will never "wish" anything different out of their childhood memories (I tell myself the same thing often). Proud of them too!!! Love to the whole fam! K