17 October 2010

It's volleyball time!

Wow, I thought I would never happily write those words, but today K had her first day of volleyball practice with a club team here in our neighborhood.  She was really excited about trying something new and hopefully meeting some new kids.  K was super brave and went straight in the gym, she new one girl from school but that was it.  She is playing on the "young" team.  The girls range in age from 9 -12.  I have said before we live in the land of the giants, and volleyball is no exception - THERE ARE SOME BIG 12 YEAR OLDS OUT THERE.  They spent the hour doing drills and I thought K did a great job.  She really had to pay attention to the coach sense all the coaching was in Serbian.  The practice was very organized and the kids were very quiet, apparently talking at practice not cool in Serbia.  K had a great time and I look forward to seeing her become involved in sports (even if it is volleyball).
Here is a pic of her ready for practice

1 comment:

Alison Mace said...

I had a good chuckle when I read this post!!