23 September 2011

Fantastic Friday 2

It's Friday so lets have a fantastic time.

MY OBSESSION WITH PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION:  I love public transportation.  But Belgrade is a little behind other European Capitols. Even the Force can't sway the transportation system:
But things are looking up for Public Transit in Belgrade.  This past week several innovations have been announced for the coming year.  The 10 busiest stops in central Belgrade are going to have electronic signs announcing the arrival time of the next bus/tram.  In addition to the signs, the automated ticketing system will take effect January 1.  This system will increase revenue which may lead to buying more of these:
 This is the newest tram in Belgrade and if the city can buy about 40 more we can get rid of these:
Now that would be FANTASTIC!!!!!


MORE JARS OF AWESOMENESS: I found a few more jars this week (about 30) so Jen and I got to jarring.  We jarred over 50 pounds of tomatoes.  We now have 18 jars of Salsa (can't get it here) and 15 jars of marinara sauce (can get it here but all the jars we jarred cost the price of one).  I was a great help but had to bail out when I was overcome by the onions and ran from the kitchen in tears.

MIKI QUOTE OF THE WEEK:  I am working hard at losing some weight (down 10 pounds) and Miki has become my encourager.  We went to a birthday party where they had PIZZA HUT PIZZA, so I had to have a piece.  On our way from the party Miki said:
Miki: 'Dad I saw you eat that pizza"
Me:  "Yeah but I ate good today and it was one slice"
Miki: "Well you gotta have some fun in life dad"

Hope you had a Fantastic Friday and check Jen's Blog this week for more about our jarring experience.



No comments: