17 September 2011

Fantastic Friday's 1

I totally stole this from Amy our Journey Girl, but I thought I would post every Friday about the fantastic things that have happened in our lives this past week.  It's basically gonna be random stuff in my head, sometimes amusing, and often pointless.  I think sometimes in life we need that, a little humor and some mindless reading.  So with that in mind, here we go. 

Journey Girls:  These are young singles, post college, who work in our company all around the world for two years.  We have one now working with us (Amy) in Belgrade.  And through our training and orinetation grew to love many mores.  Obviously by choosing this time in their lives to pause and do something different, they have a heart to see the world change.  I just wanted to let all them know that regardless of what they think is going on in their place of service they are changing the world.  Here is proof:
On our way to school Miki likes a particular song on my CD (Six Pence None the Richer "Beautiful Scandalous Night" if you care).  I told her for as long as I live that song will remind me of her, so here is the conversation:

ME:  When you get married and leave I'll here that song and cry

Miki: I may not get married
Me: Really, why not
Miki: God may just want me to be a single or a Journey girl like....
then she names all she can thank of

So J-Girls out there, as many of you are wrapping up your term, know you have changed the world one girl at a time and we are praying for you all.

Other Random Miki Quotes from the Week:
"When I grow up God's gonna call me to Paris"
"Daria's a lot like me, we are both bodies at home" (that should be homebodies)

The things we see:
This week while I at was at a cafe, I watched a dad and his pretoddler son interact.  Now let me preface this by saying the dads here spend a ton of time with their kids and it is not an uncommon site to see dads pushing strollers, wearing babies in packs etc.  And this is usually with no moms around.  But this guy was different, he seemed preoccupied.  He gave his son a plastic bag to play with (the kind that suffocate children), then his mobile phone which the boy promply dropped and shattered.  Thinking that was not smart he gave him a water bottle - a glass one.  I was getting a little concerned when another gentleman showed up.  Both men greeted each other then the father gave the late arrival a stack of money - a huge stack of money - so maybe he was preoccupied. 

Hope you enjoyed your first fantastic Friday and we will do it again next week.






1 comment:

Cara said...

That is precious AND encouraging. :)