07 October 2011

Fantastic Friday 4

So I have been a little lax in my blogging lately.  It is not that there has been nothing to blog about, It's just that it has been very busy and there has not been time.  Let me recap that last couple of weeks:
- Awesome 8 team from LPC comes for a week of crazy work.  There trip to teach English morphed into teaching English, serving the poor, and teaching at Kyleigh's school.  Quite a bit to do in 6 days.
- After the Awesome 8 left, team Belgrade started their English classes which included a ton of prep seeing as we are writing our own texts.
- Then there was the end of the month reporting, always fun.  (this month we started a fancy new reporting system, supposed to be better, easier etc.  It's not)
On to Fantastic Friday

ALL AFRICA ALL THE TIME ... in serbia

Our great friends Doug and Kathryn in Africa love us very much.  So much they went to a tremendous amount of trouble to send us this:
Notice that the package is from America....  This box and its content traveled from Uganda to the U.S(7050 miles).  Then from the U.S. to Serbia (4440 miles).  That's nearly 11500 miles of love.  You ask why they just did not send it straight to us?  Uganda won't send to Serbia so Kathryn got creative.  We were overjoyed at this little surprise.  I was stoked because I got this:
That's real African coffee grown in Doug and Kat's backyard.  As soon as I find a grinder it's gonna be all Uganda in the house.  (I am a  little conflicted there is no snazzy free trade sticker like on Starbucks, so should I drink this?)  And to top things off African style, earlier in the summer Doug, thinking of me, gave me this:
What is it you ask?  Its African Poop Art.  Yes men in the street take the cow poop, spread it out,  design it, let it dry then paint it.... all with their hands.  Needless to say this is a prized possession. Doug and Katheryn thanks for making this week FANTASTIC!!!!

SOME THOUGHTS ON APPLE

Who would have thought that the release of the most futuristic, intellegent, and powerful communication device of all time would be met with such scorn from the public.  If you are dissapointed don't buy it, wait and Apple will release a new unbelievable device and hopefully it won't be such a letdown.  Personally I am stoked about the Nano, may try to get my hands on one of those.





No comments: