14 April 2012

Is it really hopeless? Not now, Not today, Not ever....

My morning routine is pretty simple, have a cup of coffee (with Wilson usually waking before 6:00AM this is essential) and catch up on the news back home.  I usually look at the Dallas News online, and something world related (FOX or CNN, just depends if I feel liberal or conservative that day).  This week the world looked like a pretty hopeless place.  My friends back in Texas were huddling in closets and bathrooms as tornadoes struck all around, Syria is a mess, North Korea wants to launch a nuclear missile, Trayvon Martin, April marks the 20 year anniversary of a deadly war that broke out where I live now, and a really great and sweet lady we have come to love here in Serbia may lose her home of over 30 years because of a corrupt political system.   These are just a few examples of how one could really view the world as hopeless.  If you spent five more minutes looking on the internet then you could really find the awful stuff.  So as I sat and thought about these things, prayed for people I know and don't know, I thought how interesting that my thoughts of hopelessness (not that I felt hopeless, just thinking that some of these situations seem pretty hopeless) fell between two Sundays when the epitome of hope was reveled to us. Depending on where you live, last Sunday may have been Easter or it could be tomorrow.  Regardless of your choice of when to celebrate, it was a stark reminder to me that everyday there is hope. Hope in the fact that the God of the Universe is alive! It does not matter, what the news says, or what we see daily around us.  Those who have trusted Jesus, have hope, an endless well of living water.  Christ not only promises to hope for the future, but hope for right now and everyday.  One of my favorite versus is John 10:10 because Christ finishes by saying he cam so that we may have life, and have it to the full.  A life lived right now today, full of Jesus, that is a life full of hope.  I've embedded one of my favorite songs below and I think the opening clip says it all:
GOD'S NOT DEAD!!!!  That gives us all hope