15 February 2010

Getting Back In Touch

One of the big temptations here is to just live.  Life is fairly comfortable, it would be very easy to live a "Christian" life without ever witnessing, or being intentional about the Gospel.  On Thursday my quiet time was from Galatians 5 - what a chapter, what a lesson from Paul, in simplest terms LOVE.  First Paul tells us the Law is not going to justify, so quit trying to justify your self by the law.  This brought me to the Serbs - they are about the Law and tradition.  Then in verse 6 Paul brought it home - the Law has no value, only Faith expressing itself in Love has value.  Wow!! I knew that but it was a stark reminder.  That's why I'm here, to Love.  But not just to Love, live a lifestyle of Love, but show Christ's love and lead others to Faith through that Love.  This brought me to Friday - another day of frustrating language but today I had Paul's reminder, it is much easier to do the hard thing when you do it out of Love.  I also was really focused on verse 13 - serve one another in Love.  Jen and I want to be servents to the Serbian people - right now learning to communicate with them is an act of service.
I got up with a much better attitude Friday.  I put great worship music on the Ipod and headed out to Prayer ride my city.  That hour was great - it recharged me.  Reminders of Why I am here, Who has called me here and What I am doing here.  Praise God for His Word and its action in our hearts every day.  Pray for us that we will not "just live" - be Christian in Europe - but we will live as Christ, sacrificing, serving and leading others to salvation.

No comments: