06 August 2010

Lesson 9 - Home Remodel

When we lived in the states, we watched a lot of HGTV. (Men I only did this when Jen was home, never on my own, then it was only ESPN!).  We particularly liked the shows when they would tear something up and create something new. (see manly demolition).  As I was reading in Hebrews 3:1-6 I was reminded of these shows.  In summary God is the builder of us (the house) and now as believers Christ dwells in the house.  So I started thinking about the demolition God has done in my life.  I needed a serious makeover (not even Ty and his crew could this mess) and he was willing to take on the job.  I then started thinking what happens to those houses on HGTV after the camera crews leave, people live in them and dirty them up, and clutter them.  Sometimes I feel like I do that with God's house, (ME), He has done this great remodel, and has changed my life so much, yet I am in idiot and keep cluttering up his good work.  I keep doing stuff I did before Christ, I keep doubting and wondering.  But the great thing is Christ is still there, cleaning up and constantly working, remodeling and improving me.  That's the Christian life, constant improvement, constantly striving to be more Christlike.  So let Christ do a remodel on you, like any demolition it will have tough moments but wow is the adventure worth it.

No comments: