03 August 2010

REMA - the living word

As I wrote about camp I mentioned the worship band that came and played - Rema.  They were amazing.  As some of you may know I love music (have zero musical talent) and have prayed that God is raising  up a modern worship movement here in Serbia - Folks he is and it starts with these guys.  They changed the whole atmosphere of camp.  They are young, they are passionate and on fire for God.  They are not just translating English worship (although they did a great job with that) but are writing their own worship music, that reaches the heart of this generation.  To watch and hear them worship was moving.  They are lead by Denis, who God has gifted in a crazy way with musical talent.  I had a great time getting to know him and learning his heart for God and these people.  Their dream is to play huge stadiums, not for their fame and glory but to see Him made famous as multitudes of their country men worship Him. They have a CD coming out in September, so I will post some of their music.  I had a great time discussing their favorite worship bands from America.  I know I am going to love someones music when the first name they mention is Crowder!  Lift these guys up because they are and will be used in a mighty way!

No comments: