07 November 2010

My Journey

This past few weeks I have gone all over the place finishing paperwork to officially start our business.  Instead of giving you a boring rundown, I'll let my friend tell the story.   Hello, my name is Ben, I have spent my whole life as a $100 bill.  I have traveled the world but I yearned for something more, I wanted to make a difference.  Now don't get me wrong being a Ben is great.  People love to show you off when they have you, you get referenced in movies and hip-hop songs, sometimes you are the symbol of a strong economy, but I wanted to be more and the only way to do that is to become something different (not a Euro or a British Pound, then you just become something less).  I decided I wanted to be a Serbian Dinar, at today's rated I could be over 7000 Serbian Dinar!  So I took a little Journey.  My journey started as part of a gift.  I was donated to help make a difference all over the world around Christmas time.  From here I was deposited while decisions were made as to what to do with me.  This past June it was decided I would go to Serbia to help finance a start up education company reaching the people of Belgrade.  I did not get to leave in June because there were many government papers to file.  By September I was ready to go, I even got sent on my first wire trip, but there were problems and I was sent back to the U.S.  My new companies bank had set up the account wrong.  There were emails, skype calls and meetings.  How would I get to go on my trip?  Finally a new bank account, was set up and I was on my way.  I could not wait to become a Dinar, this was going to be sweeeeet.  Well I arrived in Serbia in early October and when I got there I was still a hundred dollars...What?  I was very concerned, but the other dollars told me this was normal and I would soon be 7000 Dinar.  Well I waited and waited and waited.  Come to find out there was a little bank/tax snafu.  I had to have a reason to become a dinar.  So the new company I was working with filed some papers, hired an accountant, filed some new papers with the tax office, got approval for me to become a dinar.  A few paper were scanned and stamped and presto I was a Dinar.  Life is great.  I am going to help pay rent, buy office furniture, pay utilities and take care of other obligations for the company.  This will allow the company to have English classes, business seminars, and other activities to help the people of Serbia.  Thanks to all of you out there that give your rescources so Ben's like me can make a difference.