25 November 2010

Thankfulness!

Anyone would be thankful for these guys
Wilson we can't wait to meet you
Today marks our first Holiday in Serbia away from friends and family in the States.  But despite the little bit of sadness that creeps in we have an amazing list of things to be thankful for. I mean I do get to spend everyday with my amazing family and God has seen fit to bless us and continue to grow our family.  We are thankful for good doctor's and hospitals here in Belgrade who are ready to help bring Wilson in the world and who take great care of Jennifer.   We have made great friends here, both national and international, and get to spend today with our good friends the Isreal's.  As I look back over the past year (can you believe we have been here almost a year) God has blessed us in so many ways and we have so much to be thankful for.  Simple things like our landlords, the Labalo's, who took great care of us when we first got here, friends like Sasko and Ira who are always taking care of us.  God has introduced us to great people who's lives we can share and speak into.  He has introduced us to great partners to work with and reach Belgrade.  I am also so thankful for the incredible growth I have seen in my self and my family since our arrival.  I am thankful for the girls schools and teachers, which have been so great for both of them.  I am thankful that regardless of whats going on the God of the universe is involved in and directing my life, how easy it is to be at peace knowing this.  This week I was reading the following verse “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.  Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” (John 7: 37-38).  Wow, Christ called ANYONE, not just the rich, or the best, or the pretty, or the successful, he called anyone who needs him (and we all need him).  That really struck me this week, we have a God who's heart yearns to know us all and who has invited anyone to join him.  In the ESV it says Christ SHOUTED this invitation!  This was no quiet invitation for a select few, the greatest orator in history shouted his invitation.  I am blessed in thankful to have accepted that invitation and to know that my God cares so much for me and for all people.  

No comments: