05 January 2011

Waiting on Wilson

 
Wilson was due Monday, but the temperature was about 20 degrees outside so we think he has decided to stay where it is nice and warm.  If you know Jen and I being late is not something we do, so we are going to have to talk to this boy as soon as he does arrive.  Lateness is not the habit he wants to start life with. In all seriousness, Wilson's stubbornness has been a blessing and part of God's plan.  It has given us the opportunity to make two trips to the hospital and meet two doctors.  One of whom we presume will deliver the boy.  They both speak English and our exposure to the Hospital has helped calm the nerves a little.  It has also really given me alot of time to reflect on raising a son.  Raising daughters is great, I feel privileged by God to impact the lives of two young women on a daily basis.  But being the model of the man my son will become, now that's overwhelming.  I have been thinking about this for months, which of course leads me to thinking about my childhood and my role models.  I am so thankful that God filled my life with wonderful men who could teach me how to be a man.  Whether it was my Uncle John, a teacher, or a well placed coach my lessons on manhood came from so many places, God was always feeling the void.    I pray that Wilson will learn from me and can grow into the man that God wants him to be.  I pray I can be the man God expects me to be.  

No comments: