14 February 2011

Valentines Day

This is a two part post, the first part fluffy and the second part a little more serious Enjoy:
Part 1:
Valentines day kind of sneaks up on you here.  The greeting card cartel has not taken over all advertising in Serbia so you don't have a month of reminders about candy, roses, cards and what happens if you do not provide these things to your significant other.  There is no valentines isle set up in the store the day after christmas, as a matter of fact know isle at all.... it's kind of refreshing.  That being said my wonderful wife made pink heart shaped biscuits for breakfast today (her homemade biscuits are the best in all the world).  Jen and I have never made a big deal out of Valentines day, but we have made an effort for me to make the day special for the girls.  I think its important for them to know that their dad loves them.  I also try to impress on K and Miki that they are loved everyday by me and most importantly have been loved by God since the beginning of time.  After the Pic's a more serious take on Valentines

Pink Heart Biscuits.... I expect nothing less from Jen

Some Guys have all the luck

My beautiful Valentines

Cupid's Sisters

Cupid shoots his arrow
Part 2:
Valentines is about love, but what is love.  The apostle Paul has a great description in 1 Corinthians 13:3-5, most of us know it, Love is patient, it's kind, it does not boast, it is not self seeking.  In short Love is focused out, Love is not about us.  So that leads to the next question, what does love look like?
To see the perfect expression of love we have to look to Christ, the one that lived a perfect life.  The bible is full of examples about Christ's love, and how he expressed that love.  For me the best example comes from Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. What a powerful expression of love.  God, knowing I would sin, knowing I would spend my life wallowing in my sin.  God knowing you would sin, out of his love for us sacraficed himself.  That is love, sacrafice, that is what love looks like.  Giving up yourself, something you want, whatever the sacrafice for you , that is how you show love.

No comments: