25 April 2011

I still have the contract!

For a little background on this story click here.  As you read in that post we were having a hard time and that want was a new apartment.  Presently we live in about 700 square feet and we really were determined to make it in our present apartment after Wilson.  But as his things expanded, we realized in the next two and a half years K will be very near a teenager and Miki will be as big as K and Wilson will be a toddler, we knew we wanted a bigger place. We began to search for a bigger place.  Not only did it have to be bigger it needed to keep us in a neighborhood close to the girls school.  After contacting several agents and scouring the internet we found a great place that we knew would fit our family.   To make a long story short, after being denied (see above post) I talked to many folks in our company to receive approval on an apartment we really liked and it was granted.  Now this is where things got interesting.  I contacted the agent and said hey lets sign that contract we negotiated a week ago,  so he set up the meeting with the landlord.  I arrived on Friday at the apartment to sign, very excited.  I sat down and the Landlord had one little change to make so we could not sign. We had to wait till Tuesday.  Tuesday came and Jen and I went to the new place with a deposit and three months rent as well as the commission for the agent.  We signed the lease, took some pictures, and left happy.  About five minutes later the agent called and said there was a little problem, could I come back.  So I walked back to the apartment and walked in on the landlord and agent arguing about something (Serbian you know I'm still lost).  I sat down at the table and the agent gave my money back then the landlord tore up the contracts.  I thought this was an appropriate time to ask a question.
ME: "uhmmm what just happened?"
AGENT: "we are arguing about money"
ME: "since I have my money back and the contracts have been destroyed, I am assuming no apartment"
AGENT: "we will work it out and you will get apartment soon"
ME: "uhmmm OK"
So I left and told Jen don't pack yet babie...
A few days later they got their problems settled we met did the whole thing over and I still have the contract!!!!

I do have a favor to ask, if you regularly read our blog click the follow button on the left and let us know you are following our adventure!

1 comment:

Kathryn Taylor said...

yeah! God is working it out!