08 April 2011

PERSPECTIVE

I've been thinking alot about the current government situation in the states.  It is incredibly sad that our elected leaders can't peacefully make a decision.  But what I have mostly been thinking about is all the things I have read on blogs and facebook.  I agree this is a terrible situation, military families should never worry about when the next check is coming,  but living where I live and watching the government function here, I still am very proud to be American.  See here the government is fighting over when to have elections, they have a coalition government which means everything is a compromise.  Media is restricted, corruption is pretty common and the list goes on.  We still have the best system in the world, it's not perfect but it is good.  The best part is when it does break, we as voters can make the change and fix it.  I want to encourage you to pray for our leadership, even if you don't agree.  It's a great lesson God is teaching me now.  He is sovereign, and in control.  All things work for his good and for me sometimes what I think is good is not and thats hard o deal with.  So all that to say, pray alot and know that God is in control of all situations.  Be proud to be an American, you don't have to be proud of the leadership right now.

No comments: