28 November 2012

Christmas Tree

Living in Eastern Europe and trying to replicate American Holidays is always an adventure. For Thanksgiving I was sent on two manly adventures.   I went foraging for sweet potatoes (this means I went to all the grocery stores/markets we could think of) and was unsuccessful, we settled for pumpkin as a substitute and in true Jen fashion it was outstanding (a ton of butter, brown sugar and pecans - can't go wrong).  I also went on a turkey hunt - I went to two grocery stores and bought nearly 16 lbs of turkey breast. no luck finding a whole turkey.  In the spirit of my new found manlyness (must be from the hike you can read about here) I decided to take the family to cut down a new Christmas tree.

We had been using this hand me down tree we were given at our arrival here. Not very impressive.
So we loaded into the car to head to the store (you really did not think I was gonna spend money on and cut down a real tree did you), but little did we know the adventure that would wait.
We took Super Santa and his elves!


Out and about around town Super Santa keeps a low profile, acting like a seemingly ordinary BOY!

The forest provided many choices of trees, tall ones, skinny ones, white ones, black ones, short ones and fat ones.  We decided on the Arctic fur - green of course.

Little did we know that our tree search would turn into such an adventure, on our way from the tree farm (store) we ran into wild animals.... Bears helping Santa get ready for Christmas.
Momma was happy with her new tree, one taller then us.  And Super Santa was worn out after all the adventure in the day




1 comment:

Courtney C said...

You mean no Griswald family adventure to cut down a tree? Where could that possibly go wrong in Serbia?