27 November 2012

To Be Thankful

Psalm 106:1 Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
I love that verse, I think it gives specific instructions to all of us - Praise the LORD and Give thanks.  But it also tells us why, because God is good and he has given us enduring love (through his Son Jesus).  With that in mind and as we wrap up November here are just some of the things I give thanks and praise for.

The Cross - That Jesus would come and die for me (for all of us) to redeem us of our sin.  It is the most spectacular sign of a love that endures forever.

This Lady - any one who would put up with me daily, much less follow me around the world is a gift from God.  She is an amazing mother, she schools all our kids, and generally takes amazing care of all of us.  We (and me especially) are extremely blessed to have her in our lives.







 These Guys - These three are the funnest people I know.  Some days they do drive me crazy but they are pure joy.  K is a blessing, a helper. Watching her figure out who she is and seeing God use her is a daily joy.  Miki is funny and loves school.  She loves being a kid.  Wilson is... well he is just a boy he likes to run and jump and climb.  But he is sweet, he loves to give hugs and kisses.  All three of them keep us busy but they bring a fullness and richness to our lives that is hard to put into words.



This Guy- I am extremely thankful for this guy - Sam.  He is an encouragement daily and a constant reminder how much God loves us.  He is a tireless evangelist, and amazing teacher of the word and passionate about bringing truth to this part of the world.  Jen and I get the pleasure of hearing him teach and lead every Saturday night in our home.  He is not only our ministry partner but also a great friend.





There is not enough space to list all I am thankful for.  Family back home in the states, friends all around the world, and all of you who follow our adventures and pray for us daily.  Take a minute to day to thank God for all he has blessed you with but also to praise him for who he is. 

No comments: