07 September 2010

Back to Language!!!

Well this week Jen and I are back in language class.  I was not really looking forward to it, to be honest language is my least favorite activity.  It is very hard and I am not very good (this is usually not a great combination for me when it comes to enjoyment of an activity).  This class is the intermediate level, which would be great if I felt at all comfortable at the basic level, but regardless is what we need to do so we are attacking full steam ahead. Luckily at this level everything is much faster with a ton less explination - just the way I like it!!!
The first day of class was insane, I forgot my bag and did not have money to pay, so Jen went ahead and came home got the money and almost made it on time.  After that adventure I never got right and the first day was hard. Honestly we are excited to be back in class.  It's a great way to get out and see people and we got Professor Ranko, whom we love.   We were excited to see our Sweedish friend, Mikaela, after the summer.  We had some new guys in class, one from Australia and one from Turkey.  Of course there is also the Russian ringer, Stanislav.  Russian and Serbian share some simple concepts so the Russians always make it look easy, and we seem to always have some in class.  Everyone seems nice and the second day was much better.  I have a decent study plan, the goal is to keep it up all year. 
Any way that's what we are up to and ask for your prayers as we continue to learn (it is perfectly acceptable to ask for the gift of Serbian tongues)

No comments: