24 December 2010

New Place and Traditions

Living in Dallas the Stevens family had three Christmas Eve traditions.  We attended the Lakepointe Church candle light service. After church we had dinner at IHOP.  The girls also open one Christmas present (usually new Christmas PJ's).  Living in Serbia we knew these would have to change but we wanted to try to do all we could to continue them.  Thanks to my wife's amazing creativity and a little technological help we were able to modify and enjoy some "new" traditions.  Jennifer created the Stevens International House of Pancakes (SIHOP) and we all enjoyed our favorite breakfast meals for dinner.  After dinner the girls opened their PJ's, the ones Grandmother brought from America.  We then hooked the computer up to the TV and were able to watch the live stream, of LPC Candle Light service.  We all sang carols with the congregation and enjoyed hearing a live message from Pastor Steve.  It was different but it was great and really filled our hearts and helped make Christmas for this family.
Menu

Our Lovely waitress

Rooty tooty fresh and fruity

the "grandmother flew around the world" special

Christmas PJ's

Singing with Danny and the people of LPC

1 comment:

Hepners Blog said...

Awe! I have tears in my eyes! I LOVE IT! I love that you did SIHOP! I loved that you kept the tradition! I love that you were able to worship with your church family! I love you guys! I am so glad that you had a MERRY Christmas!!! Thanks for making me smile!