10 January 2012

Jen outdoes herself again - Christmas style

Due to a super team up between my mom and my wife I was blessed with an iPad for Christmas.  To be honest this was beyond my wildest dreams.  I know this may not seem so amazing to all of you out there because you are probably reading this blog on your iwhatever that you have had for some time now.  But I live in eastern Europe, in a non EU country and all devices with that trendy little apple cost a fortune - about 50% to 60% more... so for my wife to conspire to get this for me in the States and then get it here (thanks Mike and Pam Tullos!) was pretty cool.  I've had it for about 5 days now and it is an amazing device.  I can't get over how thin and fast it is.  I have been super impressed by those things.  The ereader function is great, magazines look amazing.  iOS is just super intuitive and its been fun to use, someday when I have more money I'll update my mac to Lion and unlock the full potential of the iPad (wireless syncing amongst other goodies).  The iCloud took some time to figure out but seems pretty smooth (amazon has apple beat here, they are going to have to make this much more intuitive and easy to use).  Tons of games, it seems there are to many to choose,  but the game play on the iPad is great.  Tiger Woods 12 is my favorite, I'm sort of obsessed.  I know that there will always be hardcore gamers out there but this thing is amazing for the casual guy who just wants to kill some time.  Apparently it has all these ways to help me be more productive but I have not pushed these limits yet. 
The best part of my iPad is the inscription that Jen put on the back:
Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
  
She just put the reference on the back and I love it, my favorite verse, from my only girl.  It constantly reminds me to live in victory, as one who's debt was paid.  

Since the iPad was in transit on Christmas day the ubercreative Jen and the girls came up with this as my gift.

This is me reading the story book that K wrote about searching for the perfect gift for me

This is me finishing the book and realizing that an iPad was the perfect gift

This is me laughing because Jen made an iPad to tide me over

Happy Guy, Great kids,  Great wife and Great mom


Thanks to all 4 of you for loving me and blessing me with this gift.


As an aside that lamp in the pictures is what I got Jen.  It was nice and cool and broke after we had it on for about five minutes.  So if your scoring at home that is one gift grandslam for Jen and an epic fail for Kyle. 


No comments: