28 January 2012

The Rest of the visa story

Before you read this, watch the following video, unless you come to Serbia and get a visa, this is as close as you will come to experiencing the visa office:



So after the police adventure (click here) of course the rest of the day did not go smooth.  As I said in the last post I did not need the bank letter and that was a little dissapointing.  In two years here I have applied and recieved 6 visas, so they have plenty of paperwork on our family.  The new girl at the visa office was not happy with my copies and demanded original translations. (Even though they have those already).  Now this is not a problem except since I have not needed them in ages they were at home - a very long bus ride away.  So I left the visa office and began wondering aimlessly around the city center upset I was going to have to return tomorrow with more documents..... when suddenly I realized I was near the translators office.  The excitement began to build as I realized I could get original translations and deliver them now - thus avoiding an additional trip downtown.  Would she be there, would she have them saved, would she give them to me?  YES YES YES!!!  So after a crazy morning, I was happy to deliver the documents and wait til next week to see if they give me a visa.


1 comment:

Cara said...

That video is hilarious, and I will attest to its accuracy (at least on my island!). I totally thought he was gonna ask for a bribe to staple the pages together, but the quick draw was so much better. :-)