30 March 2010

Lesson 3 - Submitting to God

Mathew 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."
Christ prays the this prayer 3 times in the garden.  If I pray something three times in the same prayer, chances are it is really important.  Jesus really wanted another way to solve the delimma of our sin.  He understood better then anyone the pain and suffering he was fixing to endure - he knew what was coming, and yet he knew there was no other way.  The Law was not sufficient, man had so skewed that and the sacrificial system that it would not work.  Not only that, Christ makes several references in the trial and to his disciples about fulfilling prophecy.  As much as he wanted another way, he knew his death and sacrifice was the only way.  To put it plainly he was submitting to the will of the Father.  In my life this is the hardest thing to do, I think for all believers it is the hardest thing to do.  I like to pray for my will and see if God will be cool with that.  And my favorite "will" trick is the no answer.  I think if we don't get an answer from God, we assume that's a yes.  (How crazy do we get when our kids do this with us?).  Now look at Christ's example. We don't know everything of the conversation between Christ and his Dad,  but in scripture there was no burning bush answer.  Christ knew the answer, he knew what had to be done.  He did not need God to tell him again.  That's how I want to be, when God's will is clear, I want to except it and do it.  I may ask again but I don't want to have to be told again, I just want to do it.  
Here is another Easter song for my Easter Countdown.  Old Hymn - Jazzed Up.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: