14 December 2011

Chucks, short shorts, and a Black T-shirt

Jen + Kyle + 14 Years = This
My heart was stolen 17 years ago.  I was in the UC at SFA and I saw the most beautiful girl in the world walk by.  She was wearing Chuck Taylors, short shorts (on crazy long legs), and a black t-shirt.  I was so taken with her it took my breath away.  I continued to see her on campus (gotta love a small college) and even ended up in a class with her.  She never noticed me, until a couple of years later when some mutual friends convinced her to go on a date with me (persistence is a strong suit of mine).  To be honest I never thought I could date someone so beautiful, much less spend my life with her,  but God had an amazing plan for our lives and placed us together.  Fourteen years ago today I made that beautiful girl my wife.  She has been an amazing partner, supporting my decisions and happily following me on these crazy adventures.  We have lived in small towns and big cities.  We have had three spectacular kids.  We have had some amazing highs, and some not so great lows.  Most importantly through this crazy life, Jen has walked right next to me and that has made these the best 14 years.