08 December 2011

Fantastic Friday Soul Patch Style

UPDATE:  If you liked last weeks blog about K's show and want to see some video check out Amy's blog (click here) for some great video and witty commentary.  Now on to this weeks Fantastic Friday.

Growing up, I did not have a clear picture of Jesus.  I guess I thought he looked like all the pictures you saw at church (you know light brown flowing locks, blue eyes, pretty American looking).  He probably looked similar to this guy: (without the freaky eyes I am sure of that)

 


But that is not really the point of this post.  The point is this week Michaela revealed her image of Jesus to us. After our Bible time in the morning she draws in her journal.  This week we were in John so that meant chances to draw Jesus.  Wednesday I looked at her drawing and saw a guy with a soul patch.  I asked who it was, she said Jesus.  I asked so why did you give Jesus a soul patch? (secretly i was hoping the answer would be that it was because I have a soul patch and when she thinks of her Dad it makes her think of Jesus, because I show her love like God etc) but alas it was because she thinks Jesus was probably pretty cool so he needed a cool beard.  When pressed Miki also told me that at this stage of his life Jesus probably had a short beard.  So on the way to school we talked a little more about Jesus and I was just so happy that at 5 Miki is forming a picture of Jesus, it's important to her and that's fantastic.
Two days of Soul Patch Jesus

Not to be outdone K showed off her fantastically innocent self by telling me I was using the S word when I said something was Stupid.  Trust me when I was 10 stupid was not the S word.




No comments: