11 November 2011

Fantastic Friday - More thankfulness

In honor of Thanksgiving, Fantastic Friday will be focused on things I am thankful for, but before we get to that a little story.  As all of you know in the states, today is Veterans Day.  In Serbia and the rest of the world it is just Friday.  So today when I headed out the door early to get some paperwork done at the U.S Embassy, it was just Friday to me (you know cause I live in Serbia and had no idea it was Veterans Day).  Well apparently Veterans day is a holiday, and the U.S Embassy is closed on holidays (not a bad gig, they are closed on American and Serbian holidays).  The security guard at the embassy did enjoy my confusion though.  So now on to some things I am thankful for.
1.  Veterans.  I have a hard time living overseas and being away from thins I love and no one is shooting at me, so thanks to all you men and women who sacrifice so all of us can do mundane things like blog.

2.  I am Thankful for this:
 
 Living in Serbia, one of the things I miss the most is our Church Home. Being taught by pastor Steve, having a great Lifegroup to fellowship with and oh how we miss worship.  But for all that we miss, LPC and the people of LPC have been so supportive of us.  The Fields, Murphy, Burge, and Moore Lifegroups have done super job of supporting us.  They pray for us, they stay in contact.  They celebrate birthdays with us and generally keep us connected to the church.  Aside from these classes the staff at LPC has gone above and beyond to make sure we have things we need and to get people here to help our business grow and be successful.  We are so thankful for our church home and all they have done to support us. 


No comments: