03 November 2011

Celebrating....

Well October has come to a close creating a dilemma for the Stevens family, how do we celebrate that last day of October.  Calling it Halloween, out of the question - does not jive with our jobs.  I prefer to celebrate Refromation Day, but that's kind of over the top.  So like 99% (no statistical proof for that just a guess) of all conservative, evangelical churches in the deep south we had a fall festival with Team Belgrade.
Side note: by guessing 99% I am implying that the other 1% completely ignore Oct. 31st, as a matter of fact it probably does not even appear on their calenders.
Side note 2:  By using these two numbers I have probably implied that I care/am following "occupy wall street" but I do not and am not.  Did you know that unemployment in Belgrade tops 30%?  I'm just sayin...
My super creative wife, encouraged/coerced everyone to dress up.  The stipulation was you had to be a character from a book and you had to use what you had from home.  Jen kept suggesting these great litereary characters from the past that we did not have the equipment for so I came up with two suggestions:
1.  I could be the modern version of any of those characters (meaning I could just where regular clothes).  That was quickly vetoed.
2.  I could be John Lock from LOST.  I have tshirts, boots and cargo pants.  I just needed Jen to shave my head and give me a scar over my right right eye.  I thought it was a good idea, no one else did.

So I became Roderick, the big brother from the Wimpy Kid book series.  Simple costume - black tshirt and jeans.  Done and Done.  Michaela was Nancy Drew - she was too cute, K was Ally Finkle - sort of her normal self, Jen was Mrs. Frizzle from the magic shool bus and Wilson was Chistopher Robin.  Good costumes by all of us. 
Amy and the Israels all came over so we played games (dry apple bobbing was my favorite).  We also decorated pumkins (see picture below) and ate, ALOT.  It was a great way to start fall.  

The whole gang, notice trey was taking the picture since he had the least creative costume

dry apple bobbing (shes cheating you are not supposed to use your hands

Pumpkin carving the stevens way - no mess

nancy drew


No comments: