04 November 2011

Fantastic Friday

Happy Friday Everyone!  Since it's November and this month is all about being thankful, I am going to use Fantastic Friday this month to share some things I am thankful for.  Today I want to share the four most AWESOME people in my life,  I used to refer to them as my girls but we added Wilson, now they are my girls and the boy. 
My Girls
I am most thankful for my best girl, my wife, my partner, Jen.  It takes a special woman to live with me.  She has made our adjustment to life in Serbia so much easier.  She works hard making great meals, educating our kids, freeing me up to do what I need to do.  Without her nothing happens.  One of my favorite stories about Jen comes from when I was coaching.  I was visiting with the opposing coach when Jen walked up and met him for the first time.  When she walked away, he said "you definitely married up"  Truer words have never been spoken.

My oldest daughter is a joy.  I am so thankful for the lady she is growing into (although apparently growing into a lady means lots of unexplained tears, the manual forgot to warn me).  She is a great helper, loves playing with her little brother and tolerates playing with her sister.  She's so smart, she has taken to the language here in such a smooth way.  But her best quality is how God is shaping her heart, she sees the bigger picture of whats happening in all our lives and I can see that in the things she says and does.  I am so thankful for Kyleigh.

Miki... that kid makes us forget how serious we all can be (all being Jen and I).  She is smart and funny.  Combined this can be good or dangerous, depending on the situation.  When we first arrived in Serbia, and she was against speaking Serbian, she would point things out in English.  Things like "mom her hair is orange".  We had to remind her lots of folks speak English here, numerous times. Miki brings the fun, she's sensitive, she feels for those around her, and her heart breaks at injustice.  I am so thankful for Miki.

The Boy

I was pretty satisfied with just my girls, luckily Jen was not and God had a much better plan, or we probably would not have this boy.  He has been such a revelation for us.  He is such a boy,  he's physical, he moves all the time, he likes balls and cars - he just knew he was supposed to like them.  He smiles all the time (of course he is well entertained by those sisters).  He keeps up at night - alot.  But its worth it.  I marvel at how God is shaping K and Miki and daydream often about how God will shape this boy's life.  I am so thankful for Wilson.

It's Friday, be happy, be thankful, and have a fantastic day. 








No comments: